Organisational, group, team and individual psychological consultation sessions are available for a range of social care, educational, health, legal, and early year’s professionals, carers, and parents. These consultation sessions draw on a range of psychological expertise, theoretical bases, practical direct working tools, and evidence-based models. They offer a reflective space, as well as where appropriate, suggested practical strategies. They have a trauma, cultural, adversity, and relational lens at the heart.
Types of consultations often include (Not an exhaustive or prescriptive list):
- From an organisational perspective, meaningfully working towards embedding adversity/trauma-informed, culturally-responsive, and trauma-responsive practice and principles.
- trauma-informed assessment.
- trauma-informed physical environment.
- trauma-informed leadership.
- trauma-informed language.
- Reviewing, designing, and/or creating trauma-informed materials.
- Setting up trauma informed working groups or panels.
- trauma-informed supervision and reflective practice.
- trauma-informed aspects such as disciplinary processes, recruitment, performance management spaces etc.
- ways to work more creatively, relationally, and effectively virtually
- training needs and a training needs assessment
- A child’s emotional wellbeing or behavioural presentation.
- Placement issues, transitions, and moves.
- Considering therapy and assessment options.
- Exploring the emotions which have been evoked by supporting/parenting a child and family.
- Wellbeing, regulation, and stress management.
- staff wellbeing including secondary and vicarious trauma.
- Intervention planning support such as around life story work.
- Support around public speaking, setting up privately, or writing a book
These can take place in one-off formats, a series of consultations, or in the form of a whole day where various professionals can access the space. Consultations can be carried out over the phone, virtually, or face-to-face. Sometimes, we also do document review or commenting on.
Consultation notes and a summary will be provided to all attendees. This may include follow-up website links, worksheets, and journal articles.
To embed and infuse training we recommend supporting this with additional consultancy.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements further.