Online working and service options:
Dr Treisman in response to request and due to the pandemic has been offering an array on online and virtual services. Including webinars, coffee morning sessions, Q and A sessions, podcasts, virtual keynotes, workshops and facilitating reflective spaces and forums. We also can create tailor made videos and podcasts. The topics offered vary and will be discussed on a case-by-case basis. Karen is mindful of offering topics that are safe and meaningful virtually; and which optimise people’s engagement with the material in an ethical way. These need to take into account the topic, the context, and what else is going on (e.g. the impact of the pandemic etc).
Dr Treisman does also take commissioned requests for creating service specific modules. Please email for further information. Ideally, we will need to know the size of the organisation. The length you would want it. Whether it will be in-house and protected or shared. And the topic/aims.
Some example 1.5-4 hour virtual workshops which have been popular have included: (these are just to give a flavour- see training page for far more ideas and options)
- Individual and organisational stress, trauma and survival responses (Pandemic/ non-pandemic).
- An intro to trauma-informed, infused, and responsive supervision and reflective practice spaces. (there is also an online module available of this below)
- An intro into creative and expressive ways for talking about feelings.
- An intro to emotional regulation and calming tools.
- An intro for all about me , engaging, and getting to know the unique person exercises and activities.
- An intro into creative and expressive ways for strengthening people’s self-esteem, strengths, and confidence.
- An introduction to working virtually and online in a more creative way.
- An intro to creating creative wellbeing, safety, and coping plans.
- An intro to trauma-informed assessments (there is also an online module available of this below)
- Trauma-informed leadership.
- Trauma-informed team meetings and team spaces.
- An intro to staff wellbeing and wellness.
- An intro into understanding organisational trauma.
- An intro into understanding community trauma.
- An intro into survival and protective responses- individual and/or organisational.
- Trauma-informed physical environments, buildings and spaces (there is also an online module available of this below)
- Supporting children with transitions.
- Therapeutic endings and goodbyes.
- supporting children transitioning from foster care to foster care/adoption/residential/back to their family.
- The power of language.
- Behaviour is communication.
- Understanding triggers and hotspots.
- Intro to the impact of trauma on the brain.
- Intro into the impact of trauma on child development.
- intro into what it means to be a more trauma, adversity, and culturally informed, infused, and responsive organisation.
- An intro to anxiety and worries.
- An intro into grief and loss (there is also an online module available of this below)
- An intro into cultural humility.
- An intro into sleep difficulties.
- An introduction into therapeutic re-parenting tools and approaches.
- Using my therapeutic treasure resources such as my therapeutic treasure deck of cards and my children’s workbooks.
- An introduction to a using Muslin dolls and Russian dolls therapeutically.
New Online module on supporting children and teens around grief, bereavement, death, and loss. Frequently Asked Questions about the course including pricing and what it covers is found here- http://www.safehandsthinkingminds.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/grief-FAQ-and-contents.pdf Link to the actual module click here- https://safehandsthinkingminds.thinkific.com/collections
Dates for the post Q and A sessions for those who have completed the grief module coming soon.
New Online module on the bestselling Presley the Pug: emotional regulation, emotional literacy, relaxation and finding calm– featuring the safe place exercise, sensory boxes and much more! Please note the toy can be bought via this website or eBay and the book here, from amazon, JKP, or a range of book stockists. FAQ found here (please read before signing up-presley the pug-Information and FAQ and the course itself is available here- https://safehandsthinkingminds.thinkific.com/courses/presley-the-pug-emotional-regulation-emotional-dictionary-relaxation-and-finding-a-calm-place-dr-karen-treisman
New Online module- Self-esteem, self-belief, confidence, strengths, and resilience– based on the bestselling Gilly the Giraffe-Please note the toy can be bought via this website or eBay and the book here, from amazon, JKP, or a range of book stockists. FAQ found here- gilly the giraffe-Information and FAQ (please read before signing up) and the course itself is available here- https://safehandsthinkingminds.thinkific.com/courses/gilly-the-giraffe-self-esteem-strengths-hope-and-resiliency
New Online module- Trauma-informed assessments. Please see FAQs and more information about the module here- FAQ for assessment online module (please read to ensure you know what the module entails and covers before purchasing). Please access the actual module here- https://safehandsthinkingminds.thinkific.com/courses/trauma-informed-assessments-how-to-carry-out-an-assessment-from-a-trauma-informed-lens
New Online module- Trauma-informed supervision and reflective spaces. Please see FAQs and more information about the module here- Supervision FAQ and further information(please read to ensure you know what the module entails and covers before purchasing). Please access the actual module here- https://safehandsthinkingminds.thinkific.com/courses/trauma-informed-infused-and-responsive-supervision-and-reflective-spaces
New Online module- Trauma-informed Physical Environment, spaces, and buildings. Please see FAQs and more information about the module here- physical environment-Information and FAQ (please read to ensure you know what the module entails and covers before purchasing). Please access the actual module here- https://safehandsthinkingminds.thinkific.com/courses/trauma-adversity-and-culturally-informed-and-responsive-physical-environment-buildings-and-spaces
Coming soon depending on need and request- Online modules on Virtual working, the Power of Language, Binnie the Baboon (anxiety, stress, fears, and worries), Cleo the Croc (anger in the context of abuse- those who understandably struggle to trust and to let others in), and Neon the Ninja (nightmares and sleep difficulties).
Training events (online and virtual)
Please note the majority of my events are commissioned for organisations and teams. So these are public ones. My free videos and podcasts are found on other pages in this website.
Some tips by Dr Karen Treisman around attending virtual events- Some top tips and ideas for attending a virtual event
Forthcoming public virtual events (the majority are commissioned by specific organisations and teams- these can regularly updated so please keep checking):
The power of language half day- 17th October 2020- https://www.tickettailor.com/events/thesunflowernetwork/324763
Behaviour is communication half day- 17th October 2020-https://www.tickettailor.com/events/thesunflowernetwork/324763
The therapeutic treasure box in the context of trauma- 5th-7th November 2020- https://www.baat.org/Courses-Conferences/361/3-Days-Therapeutic-Treasure-Box-Theory-Creative-Techniques-for-Facilitating-Resilience-Affect-Regulation-in-Children-with-Developmental-Trauma
An introduction into trauma-informed organisations- 5th December 2020-https://www.baat.org/Courses-Conferences/359/TraumaInformed-Organisations-Online-Delivery
Expressive and creative ways for talking about feelings- 20th Feb 2021- https://www.tickettailor.com/events/thesunflowernetwork/400456
Creative tools for emotional regulation- 21st feb 2021- goes very well with previous course- https://www.tickettailor.com/events/thesunflowernetwork/400471
We anticipate putting some public events on around organisational trauma, the power of language, and trauma informed change to coincide with the trauma-informed organisation book release.
Transitions and moving on- May 15th 2021- https://www.tickettailor.com/events/thesunflowernetwork/400478
A spotlight on strengths, self-esteem, and resilience- 3rd July 2021 organised by nscience- contact nscience directly or check here for info coming soon.
A 2 day introduction to relational and developmental trauma- 10th and 11th July 2021- organised by the Sunflower network- https://www.tickettailor.com/events/thesunflowernetwork/400715
Topic to be confirmed- 17th September 2021- Inspire events
Grief and loss- supporting children and teens- 25th and 26th Sept 2021- https://www.tickettailor.com/events/thesunflowernetwork/400714
Therapeutic treasure box- 1st and 2nd October 2021- PIP- https://pipsolutions.co.uk/products/dr-karen-treisman-relational-and-developmental-trauma-using-a-therapeutic-treasure-box-to-support-children-and-young-people
Past virtual events:
Sleep difficulties in the context of covid- 11th June 2020- https://www.nscience.uk/product/losing-sleep-how-to-manage-in-times-of-heightened-anxiety/
Individual and organisational stress, trauma, and survival responses- Saturday 4th July 2020- https://www.tickettailor.com/events/thesunflowernetwork/378246
Transitions in the context of covid- 4th August 2020- https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/trauma-and-transitions-with-dr-karen-treisman-tickets-107206866624
A summer program with Lisa Cherry and Karen Treisman- 4 evening events can be purchased separately https://www.lisacherry.co.uk/september-program-2020/
An intro into understanding the needs of unaccompanied asylum-seeking young people- 26th September 2020- https://www.baat.org/Courses-Conferences/347/Unaccompanied-AsylumSeeking-Refugee-and-Trafficked-Young-People-Online-Delivery
Intro to emotional regulation tools- 3 hour workshop- 8th October 2020-through nscience- https://www.nscience.uk/product/the-emotional-regulation-toolkit/
When words are not enough virtual conference- I will be talking about triggers and hotspots- October 10th 2020- https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/when-words-alone-are-not-enough-a-virtual-creative-counsellors-conference-tickets-97973211513