Online working, public events you can book onto, online modules, and service options:
Dr Treisman in response to request and due to the pandemic has been offering an array of successful online and virtual services. Including webinars, coffee morning sessions, Q and A sessions, podcasts, virtual keynotes, workshops, longer courses over several days, and facilitating reflective spaces and forums. We also can create tailor made videos and podcasts. The topics offered vary and will be discussed on a case-by-case basis. Karen is mindful of offering topics that are safe and meaningful virtually; and which optimise people’s engagement with the material in an ethical way. These need to take into account the topic, the context, and what else is going on (e.g. The impact of the pandemic etc).
Dr Treisman does also take commissioned requests for creating service specific modules. Please email for further information. Ideally, we will need to know the size of the organisation. The length you would want it. Whether it will be in-house and protected or shared. And the topic/aims. The more specific you are the more we will be able to support in a timely manner (e.g. Amount of people, how many days, aims and objectives, how fits into the context of training, months, days, review the available topics to help narrow down etc)-Here are also some questions to consider about trauma informed requests- Trauma informed queries and requests points to reflect on
Some suggestions to consider before sending an event invite or telling people about the training (if part of a larger package)- before sending the invite out- trauma informed
Some of Karen’s most meaningful and impactful work is when training is delivered over a long period such as 6 months to 18 months alongside reflective practice, supervision, and consultation. See the following evaluation for a flavour of the impact of such a course- candle summary paper pdf-compressed
Some of the advantages and positives for individuals and organisations of virtual working shared from Karen’s training are here- Some of the advantages and positives of virtual training and events
Some example virtual workshops which have been popular have included: (these are just to give a flavour- please see the training page on this website for far more ideas and options. Before contacting us it is helpful if you can narrow down where possible which courses you are interested in, the number of people, whether virtual or face to face, how many days etc.)
These for ease are separated in trauma understanding, direct work tools, and more organisational focus:
Some options more directly around understanding trauma (some are overlapping so covered in longer trainings- just a flavour):
- An introduction to understanding the impact of relational and developmental trauma including sexual abuse, emotional abuse, physical abuse, domestic violence, and relational poverty (ideally 2/3 days).
- An introduction to organisational trauma
- Older adult abuse and trauma-informed nursing homes and older adult services.
- An introduction to community and collective trauma
- An introduction to single event trauma
- An introduction to medical or health trauma
- An introduction to intergenerational, inherited, and historical trauma
- An introduction to cultural and identity trauma.
- An introduction to disenfranchised grief and loss.
- An introduction to vicarious and secondary trauma/ compassion fatigue
- An introduction to asylum seeking, refugee and trafficking trauma (multiple different aspects available)
- Individual and organisational stress, trauma and survival responses (Pandemic/ non-pandemic/ Ukraine and other world events etc).
- The power of language (there is also an online module available of this below)
- Behaviour is communication.
- Understanding triggers and hotspots.
- Intro to the impact of trauma on the brain.
- Intro of understanding the impact of trauma on one’s body and sensory world.
- Intro into the impact of trauma on child development.
- Intro to survival and protective responses.
Some options around more direct work/ therapeutic tools, strategies and ideas (some are overlapping so covered in longer trainings):
- An intro into creative and expressive ways for talking about feelings.
- An intro to emotional regulation and calming tools (there is also an online module available of this below
- An intro for all about me, engaging, and getting to know the unique person exercises and activities.
- An intro into creative and expressive ways for strengthening people’s self-esteem, strengths, and confidence (there is also an online module available of this below)
- An introduction to working virtually and online in a more creative way (also available as an online module).
- An intro to creating creative wellbeing, safety, and coping plans.
- Supporting with transitions, endings, and goodbyes.
- Supporting children transitioning from foster care to foster care/adoption/residential/back to their family.
- An intro to anxiety and worries. This is ideally a 2 day course based on Binnie the Baboon.
- An intro into grief and loss based on Ollie the Octopus (there is also an online module available of this below)-This is ideally a 2 day course.
- Understanding and working with disenfranchised grief in the context of children who have been removed from their parent families.
- An intro into sleep difficulties and/or nightmares based on Neon the Nightmare Ninja.
- An introduction into therapeutic re-parenting tools and approaches.
- Using my therapeutic treasure resources such as my therapeutic treasure deck of cards and my children’s workbooks.
- An introduction to a using Muslin dolls and Russian dolls therapeutically.
- An introduction to using genograms therapeutically.
- working more effectively with interpreters.
Some options around more organisational and trauma informed system change (some are overlapping so covered in longer trainings):
- intro into what it means to be a more trauma, adversity, and culturally informed, infused, and responsive organisation. Can be specific such as health/ social care/ residential/ school/ nursery/ church/ midwifery/ dentist etc. This usually needs to be a spotlight or part of a longer series
- An introduction to the values of trauma informed approaches- this can be either at an organisational level or a practice level- for example, going through safety, collaboration, strengths etc- ideally a 2 day but can be a 1 day intro
- An intro to trauma-informed assessments (there is also an online module available of this below)
- An intro to trauma-informed, infused, and responsive supervision and reflective practice spaces. (there is also an online module available of this below
- Trauma-informed leadership
- Trauma-informed team meetings and team spaces.
- An intro to staff wellbeing and wellness.
- An intro into understanding organisational trauma. this goes best with the one above as a 2 day.
- Trauma-informed physical environments, buildings and spaces (there is also an online module available of this below)
- An intro into cultural humility. This is ideally a 2 plus day course.
- Care plans in a social care in a more trauma-informed way
- Trauma informed approach to redundancies, restructures, or performance management.
Online modules (more coming soon- bulk order discounts available to teams/organisations over 10 people):
New Online module on supporting children and teens around grief, bereavement, death, and loss. Frequently Asked Questions about the course including pricing and what it covers is found here- http://www.safehandsthinkingminds.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/grief-FAQ-and-contents.pdf Link to the actual module click here- https://safehandsthinkingminds.thinkific.com/collections
New Online module on the bestselling Presley the Pug: emotional regulation, emotional literacy, relaxation and finding calm– featuring the safe place exercise, sensory boxes and much more! Please note the toy can be bought via this website or eBay and the book here, from amazon, JKP, or a range of book stockists. FAQ found here (please read before signing up-presley the pug-Information and FAQ and the course itself is available here- https://safehandsthinkingminds.thinkific.com/courses/presley-the-pug-emotional-regulation-emotional-dictionary-relaxation-and-finding-a-calm-place-dr-karen-treisman
New Online module- Self-esteem, self-belief, confidence, strengths, and resilience– based on the bestselling Gilly the Giraffe-Please note the toy can be bought via this website or eBay and the book here, from amazon, JKP, or a range of book stockists. FAQ found here- gilly the giraffe-Information and FAQ (please read before signing up) and the course itself is available here- https://safehandsthinkingminds.thinkific.com/courses/gilly-the-giraffe-self-esteem-strengths-hope-and-resiliency
New online module on trauma informed and trauma reducing health and medical settings- Please see FAQs and more information about the module here- FAQ for trauma informed health and medical online module Please access the actual module here- https://safehandsthinkingminds.thinkific.com/courses/an-introduction-to-trauma-adversity-and-culturally-informed-infused-and-responsive-medical-and-health-settings-trauma-reducing-instead-of-trauma-inducing
New Online module- Trauma-informed assessments. Please see FAQs and more information about the module here- FAQ for assessment online module (please read to ensure you know what the module entails and covers before purchasing). Please access the actual module here- https://safehandsthinkingminds.thinkific.com/courses/trauma-informed-assessments-how-to-carry-out-an-assessment-from-a-trauma-informed-lens
New Online module- Trauma-informed supervision and reflective spaces. Please see FAQs and more information about the module here- Supervision FAQ and further information(please read to ensure you know what the module entails and covers before purchasing). Please access the actual module here- https://safehandsthinkingminds.thinkific.com/courses/trauma-informed-infused-and-responsive-supervision-and-reflective-spaces
New Online module- Trauma-informed Physical Environment, spaces, and buildings. Please see FAQs and more information about the module here- physical environment-Information and FAQ (please read to ensure you know what the module entails and covers before purchasing). Please access the actual module here- https://safehandsthinkingminds.thinkific.com/courses/trauma-adversity-and-culturally-informed-and-responsive-physical-environment-buildings-and-spaces
New online module for leaders, managers, and HR teams on trauma-informed redundancy, change, and restructures. Info about the module here- An introduction to the redundancy and restructure module and access to the module can be found here- https://safehandsthinkingminds.thinkific.com/courses/an-introduction-for-managers-leaders-and-change-makers-to-the-supporting-restructures-changes-and-redundancies-to-be-more-relational-supportive-and-trauma-informed-reflecting-on-the-experience-and-process-module
New power of language and the words we use module- Info about the module can be found here- Power of language FAQ and infomation and the course itself can be accessed here- https://safehandsthinkingminds.thinkific.com/courses/power-of-language-and-the-words-we-use
New virtual and online short course- Info about the module can be found here- Virtual and online working FAQ and infromation and the course itself can be access here- https://safehandsthinkingminds.thinkific.com/courses/an-intro-module-to-making-online-virtual-working-more-creative-and-relational-a-therapeutic-focus-but-applicable-to-wider-forums-such-as-meetings-and-trainings
Coming soon depending on need and request– Online modules on Trauma-informed medical and health care, Behaviour is communication, triggers and hotspots, creative ways of using my therapeutic cards, Binnie the Baboon (anxiety, stress, fears, and worries), Cleo the Croc (anger in the context of abuse- those who understandably struggle to trust and to let others in), and Neon the Ninja (nightmares and sleep difficulties). We are also responsive to requests.
Training events (online and virtual)
Please note the majority of my events are commissioned for organisations and teams. So these are just the public ones listed. My numerous free videos and podcasts are found on other pages in this website.
Some tips by Dr Karen Treisman around attending virtual events- Some top tips and ideas for attending a virtual event
Forthcoming public virtual events which you can book onto as an individual (the majority are commissioned by specific organisations and teams and therefore are not open to the public- these are regularly updated so please keep checking):
Intro to relational and developmental trauma (only public event in 2022 currently)- 31st May- 1st June- through break the silence- https://www.tickettailor.com/events/breakthesilence/552905
Creative tools for supporting children with anxiety, stress, fear, and worries based on Binnie the Baboon workbook- 4th and 5th June 2022- https://www.tickettailor.com/events/thesunflowernetwork/524778
The power of language and words which we use- June 22nd 2022- https://www.baat.org/Courses-Conferences/494/The-power-of-language-the-words-we-use-and-the-way-we-story-people-NEW-COURSE
2 day intro into creative tools- 15th-16th September 2022 (for people who attended the September or previous relational and developmental trauma training with the break the silence)- details coming soon
Creative ways of talking about feelings and emotions from the therapeutic treasure box- 17th September 2022- https://www.tickettailor.com/events/thesunflowernetwork/524789
Emotional regulation tools and ideas- 18th Sept 2022- https://www.tickettailor.com/events/thesunflowernetwork/524791
3 day intro into therapeutic treasure box tools- 13th-15th October 2022- https://www.baat.org/Courses-Conferences/489/Therapeutic-treasure-box-techniques-for-Facilitating-Resilience-affect-regulation-in-children-with-developmental-trauma
2 days into grief and bereavement- based on the Ollie the Octopus- https://thesunflowernetwork.co.uk/event/dr-karen-treisman-bereavement-grief-loss/